How to remove a google account from chrome? Google Chrome allows you to log in to numerous user accounts at the same time, each with its own set of preferences and settings. The browser also allows you to switch accounts or disconnect your accounts, thereby wiping all of the personal data associated with that account from the browser.
When you login into your chrome, google automatically links it to a different website for quick login. It is a useful function to have over your device as it helps you in saving your time and records your password for instant use. But sometimes it becomes a little hectic for many users as they logged in to their friend’s computer for some official work or they don’t want their credentials to be saved or synced on the cloud, for which they need to remove the account from the browser.
How to Remove a Google Account From Chrome
Before removing your account from your chrome, you need to know about several things. Removing your account from chrome will remove all your search history and stored bookmarks, and even the social security passwords. Before removing the account, you need to sign out from chrome to stop the syncing. For singing out from Chrome,
Follow the given steps:
- Open Chrome on your respective device.
- Click the top right corner option, to view that extended pop-up menu.
- From the pop-up menu, select “Settings” from the menu.
- Click on the “Sync” option, to turn off the syncing of your bookmarks, history, and passwords.
- After turning off the sync, click on your profile and select the option “Sign out and turn off sync”.
This will sign you out from chrome and you can proceed forward with the removal of your account from the browser. Removing the account from your browser depends upon the kind of account system you are using. There are basically, two categories of browsing. Either you have a single account browser where you have only one personal account login or you have a multi-account browser where you have multiple account login into the computer.
For Removing the Single Browsing Chrome Account, You Can Follow the Following Steps:
- Open Chrome on your device.
- There will be a “Details” option on the upper right corner of the chrome. Click on it for further options.
- In the pop-up menu, you can see the “Settings” options. Click on it.
- On the Settings page, you will go into the “Sign-in” section.
- You need to click the button named “Disable Google Account” in the sign-in option.
This will remove your account from chrome if you are using a single browsing chrome. But if you are using a multi-user chrome browser. You need to follow a few additional steps to remove your account from chrome.
Remove Chrome Using a Single Device
- Open Chrome on your device.
- Now click on the user profile icon on the top-right corner of your browser.
- Then click on “Manage People”.
- Now, you can see the list of the account in the drop-down menu. Select the user profile that you want to remove from chrome.
- Now you need to click the button named Remove this person which deletes your google account from chrome.
- A confirmation box will pop up.
- Click again on the “Remove This Person”.
If you want to remove any other user account from Chrome, follow those again for that particular account.
Why Is It That My Google Account Is Linked to My Chrome Profile?
- If you’ve ever used an Apple product, you’re already aware that the majority of them are tied to an Apple ID.
- A single Google account is utilised for Chrome bookmarks, Google search history, YouTube recommendations, and other Google products in a similar fashion.
- When you sign in to Google on the web, Chrome automatically tries to join any Chrome profiles that aren’t already connected to a Google account.
- Google strives to keep your history, bookmarks, and other information available across different devices by synchronising your Chrome profile.
- You don’t require a Chrome profile attached to any account; in fact, if you choose, you may use many Chrome profiles, each unlinked or linked to separate Google accounts.
- You’ll have to disable Chrome from synchronising to Google in the first place if you want unlinked Chrome profiles.
Stalker 2 Release Date Xbox: Remake, Stalker1 to Stalker2, Platforms & Detailed Information
Xbox Gift Card Generator Points to Be Remember & Taken Care of: 2022 Latest Updated
How to Change Roblox Password Using Simple and Easy Tricks: Latest Updated
How to Download Movies on Hulu, Steps to Be Taken Care of & Check Downloaded Movies & Problems
If you want removal of the google account from your Android or iOS device, you need to observe and implement the steps given below:
- Start the Chrome web browser.
- Tap the three vertical dots symbol in the top right corner of the screen to access the Settings section.
- Go to the Settings tab.
- Select the Google account you wish to remove from the Account section.
- Tap Google on the Users & Accounts page and choose the account you wish to remove.
- Select the sync settings that you use on the Sync settings screen.
- Finally, select Remove > Remove from the menu.
- Your Google account will now be deactivated in the Chrome browser.
- To begin, use the Chrome web browser.
- Go to Chrome’s settings page.
- Select the Google account you want to remove from the drop-down menu.
- Select Remove account from this device from the drop-down menu, then Remove.
- On your iOS device, the specified Google account will now be deleted from Chrome.
I tried my best to provide you with a piece of detailed information about the Removing google account from your chrome. If you want to share something related with us and our 1lakh followers, feel free to share with us in the comment section. Also, if you have any queries you can ask us in the comment section below