Some Important Steps on how to make Facebook dark
- You can enable Facebook dark mode on your iPhone, Android, or computer.
- On the Facebook mobile app, you can turn on the dark mode through the Settings & Privacy menu.
- On Facebook’s desktop version, you’ll use the Display & Accessibility menu to enable dark mode.
If you’re looking to use Facebook in a way that consumes less battery on your device or strains your eyes less at night, you should enable the social media platform’s dark mode.
Users have been clamoring for a Facebook Dark Mode option for years. Facebook Dark Mode replaces the bright, white interface on the mobile app and website with a black background. Some people find it easier to read and believe it causes less strain to their eyes. Dark Mode also consumes less battery power.
Here’s how to enable dark mode on the Facebook website, or on the Facebook mobile app for iPhone or Android.
Table of Contents
How to turn on Facebook dark mode on an iPhone or Android
- In the Facebook app, tap the hamburger menu, the three horizontal lines in the bottom-right corner.
- Scroll down and tap Settings & Privacy, then tap Settings in the drop-down menu.
- On the Settings page, scroll down to the Preferences header and find and tap Dark Mode.
- On the Dark Mode page, tap the circle next to On. You can also choose System, which matches the app’s appearance to your device’s dark or light system settings.
How to turn on Facebook dark mode on a computer
- Go to Facebook.com and log in. In the top-right corner, select the downward-facing arrow icon.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, click Display & Accessibility.
- Under the Dark Mode header, click the circle next to On to enable the feature. You can also enable Automatic to have your Facebook interface reflect the dark or light settings of your device.
How to use Facebook Dark Mode on Android
- Open and log into the Facebook app.
- Tap the three lines/”hamburger” icon in the top menu bar.
- Scroll down and tap on Settings & Privacy.
- Tap Dark Mode.
- Tap the On button.
How to use Facebook Dark Mode on desktop
- Log into Facebook.com
- Click on the down arrow icon in the top right corner of the menu bar.
- Now, click on Display & Accessibility.
- Click the On option under Dark Mode.
Facebook should now display in Dark Mode. You can follow these steps to turn off dark mode again if you choose.
Q1: Does Android Facebook have dark mode?
Facebook has a dark mode option that is easier on the eyes and can save a device’s battery. It can be enabled on the web, iOS, or Android. Like many other services, Facebook offers a dark mode for iOS, Android, and the web that switches out dark text on a bright background for light text on a dark background.
Q2: What happened to dark mode on Facebook Android?
Normally, you can find Facebook’s Dark Mode by hitting the “hamburger” menu button (in the top-right corner on Android, or the bottom-right corner on iOS), then tapping on “Settings & Privacy.” The option for Dark Mode should appear in the expanded set of options.
Q3: How do you get Dark Mode on Facebook?
To access Facebook dark mode for desktop, simply click the menu button at the top right (a downward-pointing arrow), select ‘Display options’, and then use the switch to toggle dark mode on.
Q4: What happened to dark mode on Facebook?
Facebook users were left confused and outraged after the social media giant temporarily removed the ‘dark mode’ feature for some users after an update. After a security update, the feature disappeared without warning, leaving users to grapple with the ‘blinding’ whiteness of Facebook’s normal mode.