How to Change App Icons on Your Android Phone?
A distinctive graphic that represents an app on a user’s device, an application icon is also known as an App Icon. In addition to the App Store and Google Play Store, it also displays in the settings and search bar of a user’s mobile device.
A distinct, memorable icon expresses the purpose and character of your experience and can help people recognize your app or game in the App Store and on their devices. On all Apple platforms, app icons are an essential component of the user experience, and every app and game must include one. Three sorts of icons exist:
How Do You Change App Icons on Your Android Device?
Changing app icons is one of the best ways to customize your Android phone. You can install icon packs for all of your apps, or you can simply update a few of them to your liking. Using a third-party launcher is by far the best method for changing Android icons. Compatible with Samsung, OnePlus, Oppo, and every other manufacturer. However, this can also be accomplished without modifying the launcher. This guide will examine both strategies.
1. Change Application Icons on a Samsung Android Phone
If you own a Samsung Android phone, you have the option to alter the app icons. This eliminates the requirement to download and utilise an external customising tool. Samsung’s built-in icon feature allows you to download and use icons from different icon packs, giving you a choice of alternatives.
- Launch the Settings application on your Samsung device.
- Tap Themes at the bottom of the Settings menu.
- Select Icons from the menu in the page’s footer.
- There are multiple icon packs that can be used on mobile devices. Use the search box at the top of the screen to locate the appropriate bundle.
- After picking an icon pack, select Download to save it to your phone.
- Select Add to apply the downloaded icons to your device after downloading the icon pack.
The icon pack you picked will now be shown on your Samsung device. In the future, you can change the icons by selecting a different icon pack in Settings > Themes > Icons.
2. Change Android App Icons Individually
Applying icon packs to your entire suite of applications is convenient and creates a unified aesthetic. But if you don’t want to change them all at once, you can do so individually. To accomplish this, you will need an icon pack and a launcher that supports icon customization.
To modify specific Android app icons, please follow the steps below.
- Select Edit by long-pressing any app’s icon on the home screen or within the app.
- To switch apps in the resulting menu, tap the current app’s icon.
- Common icons appear at the top; these correspond to the app in question. To select another icon pack, select one from the list. Then, you can choose an icon from among its contents.
The majority of icon packs include icons for popular apps as well as more generic ones that can be applied to apps by category.
3. Change App Icons With a Launcher
Almost all Android launchers let you change the app icons that show up. We’ll use Nova Launcher, but the steps are pretty much the same if you use Smart Launcher, Action Launcher, or Microsoft Launcher instead. You can change each app’s icon individually or install a custom icon pack to change them all at once.
- You can find Nova Launcher in the Play Store.
- When your device asks you to choose a new launcher, press the Home button and choose Nova.
- You will need to spend a few minutes putting widgets and app icons back on your home screens.
If you are coming from a different third-party launcher, you might be able to import your setup instead.
4. Get and Use a Custom Icon Pack on Your Android Phone
You don’t need a Samsung phone to change how your apps look. You can use different icon packs to change the way your apps look on phones that aren’t Samsung. In Google’s Play Store, you can choose from many free and paid icon packs. You just need to download one of these packs and use the tool that comes with it to put the icons where you want them. Remember that some Android icon packs only work with certain Android launchers.
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android phone.
- Tap the search box, type “icon pack,” and hit the Enter key. The search results will show you different icon packs. We’ll get and put on the Delta – Icon Pack.
- Choose “Download” to put the pack on your phone.
- Tap Open to start using the icon pack you just downloaded.
- Click Apply Delta to put the icons from the pack you just downloaded on your phone. Your choice will depend on the icon pack you use.
You can use your own icons with any launcher you want.
5. Changing the App Icons Within the App
You can sometimes add your own icons by using a tool that comes with the icon packs you install. Here’s how:
- Start the app that goes with the icon pack you just downloaded. Accept any permission requests.
- Depending on the app, you may or may not see an Apply button. You can only use some icon packs if you have a custom launcher.
6. Bring Back the App’s Original Icon
To get the original app icon back, go through the Edit icon process again, but this time choose the icon under Common.
7. Change Your App Icons With a Free Android App
If you don’t like the icon pack or launcher methods, you can use a free Android app to change the icons of your apps. This app is called Shortcut Maker, and it lets you make a shortcut to your app with a custom icon. You can choose the icon for your app from your gallery, from an emoji or text, or from an icon pack you have installed.
- You can download and install the free Shortcut Maker app on your Android phone.
- Start the app you just installed, Shortcut Maker.
- To make a custom shortcut to an app, tap “Apps” on the app’s main page.
- Select the app whose icon you want to change.
- Tap “Icon” to change the app’s icon.
- Choose the source of your icon. Here, you can choose an image from your gallery, use an emoji or text, or pick an icon from an icon pack you have installed.
- Tap the check mark in the upper right corner to save your changes.
- Click “Create Shortcut” to start making a new shortcut for your app.
- You can drag the short cut to one of your home screens.
You should know a few important things about how to change app icons on Android before you start changing your icons. The steps can be different depending on your Android device, which is important. The most important thing is your phone’s default launcher, since many of the ones that come with Android phones don’t let you add your own icons. This is the case with the Pixel Launcher on Google’s own phones. Getting a new launcher that lets you do this is the easiest way to change app icons.