According to a study conducted by Nielsen in February 2013, location plays an important role for UK Mobile searchers. Almost 50 percent of mobile searchers expect search results to be within walking or driving distance. About 40% of mobile searchers intend to make a purchase within the day, of whom 9% are willing to obtain a product or service immediately, UK searchers show less immediacy compared to US searchers.
Table of Contents
- 58% of UK smartphone users search on the go
- up to 77% look for business locations
- up to 67% search for directions to a business
- up to 47% want to find the phone number of a specific business
- 34% know exactly what they are looking for
- Two thirds are noticing mobile ads with 20% clicking on them
- 40% of mobile searchers intent to purchase within the day, 35% during the next month
- Price comparison is more important than coupons or deals in the UK compared to the US
- 9% of UK mobile searchers intend to make a purchase immediately compared to 17% of US searchers
Huge Opportunity for Mobile Advertisers
With only 34% knowing what they are exactly looking for, mobile advertisers have the opportunity to influence searchers purchase decision. Especially advertisements with location-based content seem to perform very well. A study conducted by IAB found that 59% of UK mobile phone users couldn’t live without their mobile so don’t miss this opportunity!
Successful mobile advertising campaigns must be tailored to distinct device and category nuances as a ‘one size fits all’ approach won’t produce the desired results.
Monica Ho, Vice President of Marketing, xAd, Inc.
Make sure to optimize your mobile advertisements for your target group and include address data as well as contact details like a telephone number. Check out our beginner’s guide to location-based mobile advertising for more information about this topic.
Infographic – UK Mobile Path to Purchase
About The Study
Nielsen conducted an online survey in February 2013 of more than 1,500 smartphone and tablet users who engaged in Travel,- Restaurant or Automotive-related mobile activity in the past 30 days. All three categories are projected to show major growth over the next 3 to 5 years.
More information can be found on mobilepathtopurchase.com
Images copyright by Telmetrics and xAd